On May 5, key advisers to the POD project convened in Flagstaff and virtually to review the POD Facilitation Academy and POD Teacher Workshop materials and research instruments. Christine Cunningham, Vice President of Museum of Science, Boston and Founder and Director of Engineering is Elementary, Kirsten Daehler, Director of Making Sense of Science, and Tom Baker, Esri Education Outreach Manager provided excellent suggestions for improving the experience for participants. We appreciate all their time and effort!
We are excited to announce the teacher educators invited to join us for the first POD Facilitation Academy at the state-of-the-art NAU Cline Library Learning Studio July 11-15, 2016. We look forward to learning as much from the Teacher Educators as we hope they will learn from us.
Our first POD Teacher Educators are:
- Ina Ahern, Plymouth Regional High School, NH
- Janey Camp, Vanderbilt University, TN
- Chris Campbell, UTeach Tech, Louisiana Tech, Ruston, LA
- Shireen DeSouza, Ball State University, IN
- Bruce Fink, Kaskaskia College, IL
- Angela Hasan, UUniversity Southern California Rossier School Education, Los Angeles, CA
- Carla Hester-Croff, Western Wyoming Community College, WY
- Melissa McGehee, Arizona State University, AZ
- Robert McGehee, Walton Sustainability Solutions Initiatives at Arizona State University, AZ
- Audrey Mohan, Biological Science Curriculum Study (BSCS), CO
- Katrina Patton, Southeast Community College, NE
- Eric Proctor, Arizona Game and Fish Department, AZ
- Kevin Stilwell, Southwest Virginia Community College, VA
- Lisa Wininger, Plainwell Middle School, MI
- Robert Woolner, Hopkinton MIddle High School / SAU66, NH
We are excited to announce we have invited 15 Teacher Educators to join us for the first POD Facilitation Academy in Flagstaff, AZ.
An outstanding pool of candidates applied for the available positions. This did not make our decision easy! We look forward to learning as much from the Teacher Educators as we hope they will learn from us. As soon as they all officially accept our invitation, we will post their names here. Stay tuned!
The POD Facilitation Academy will be held in Flagstaff, Arizona, June 19-23, 2017.
We are currently recruiting 15 exceptional professional development coordinators, science/STEM curriculum coordinators, college faculty, and any individuals who support teachers on a regular basis to apply to attend our POD Facilitation Academy to learn to replicate POD Teacher Workshops across the nation.
Facilitators will receive:
- $500 for completion of the Facilitation Academy
- $900 to offset cost of travel to Flagstaff;
- $500 after each of two POD Teacher Workshops delivered ($1000 total);
- $250 after submitting data from POD Teacher Workshop participants and their students for each of the two POD Teacher Workshops implemented ($500 total). Teacher Workshop participants will also be compensated for participating.
Please email Lori Rubino-Hare (Lori.Hare@nau.edu) with any questions!
Lori Rubino-Hare, Professional Development Coordinator, Principal Investigator, NSF ITEST Power of Data Project
Northern Arizona University | Center for Science Teaching and Learning
PO Box 5697, 700 S. Osborne Drive, Science and Health Building #36, Room 534, Flagstaff, Arizona 86011-5697